The Gift Of Time
Giving your time and effort towards our mission is the most valuable gift we could ever receive. To open minds and hearts, we need people just like you to be a listening ear, a hand to hold, and the bearer of hope. We cannot succeed without our gracious volunteers, who are the heart of our organization.
Who Are Our Volunteers?
Our volunteers are extraordinary individuals who may think they live ordinary lives, but in reality, they are who stand between life and death for so many. Many have never volunteered before, and some have many years of experience. All of our volunteers have a variety of backgrounds, coming from their homes, churches, schools, and other areas of our community. But they all have a common goal and share the same mission: to reach out to touch hearts and save lives.
No matter your background, knowledge, or experience, we would be grateful to work with you!
What Positions Are There?
There are a variety of positions that can use assistance. Some of these include:
- Receptionist: Do you like to greet people with a friendly smile? Help us answer our phones, greet clients as they arrive, and schedule appointments. Receptionists also help us with our office nee,ds such as copying and filing.
- Bulk Mailing Team: Do you like to work behind the scenes? Help us as we work cheerfully to fold letters, stuff envelopes, and put our mailings together.
- Cleaning Crew: Do you find joy when your surroundings are neat and tidy? Help us keep The EPIC Center sparkly clean by vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, and more.
- Handyman/woman: Are you good at fixing things around the house? Would you like to use your “fix-it” skills to help The EPIC Center? Let us know, and we’ll give you a call when we have something that needs fixing!
- Data Entry: Are you comfortable working with computers? As a data entry volunteer, you can help us enter records into our eKYROS computer database program, keep track of our on-line appointment book, and more.
- Fundraising: Would you like to help raise money for The EPIC Center? You can assist in various ways with our Spring Banquets, a possible Color or Mud Run, and other events that help fund our programs.
- Host a Baby Shower: Do you like to organize events? You can organize a baby shower with your local church, Bible study, or woman’s group to collect donations of baby items for the EPIC center’s layettes and boutique closet.
- Yard Sale Runner: Go yard “sailing” with your best friends, family, or small group! Click here for an updated list on the items we continually need. Drop all donations off at your nearest center and we’ll get them to the women we serve.
- Baby Boutique: Do you melt every time you go into the baby section of your local chain store? Help out in our baby boutique by organizing donations, folding and hanging baby clothes, bagging diapers, and assembling new baby gift packs.
- Client Advocate: Do you have a heart for women in crisis and a desire to help them directly? Become a client advocate who works one-on-one with clients to help them make life affirming decisions and offer them non-judgmental, compassionate care.
- Interpreter: Do you speak a foreign language? We need translators who are available to come in and work alongside our counselors to assist clients who are not fluent in English.
- Class Facilitator: Do you love to share good information with those around you? You may want to consider helping out with our education classes at EPIC. We offer classes in prenatal education, parenting, Post Abortion Counseling Education (PACE), spiritual, finances, and more.
- Food/Snacks/Hospitality: Do you love to bless others with your cooking or baking? You can help us out by cooking for or arranging for food to be brought to various functions for EPIC. We would love for you to provide snacks for client classes and food for special events and volunteer training.
- Sexual Integrity Presenter: Do you have a passion for educating others about abstinence and sexual health? Volunteer with our Sexual Integrity Program and present to schools, churches, and community groups.
Some potitions do require a little extra training which we provide. If you are intreseted in one of these postions or volunettering your time, please reach out to us today!